Table of contents
1994: Introduction 🐝
- My first introduction to a personal computer.
- I was fortunate enough to have several mentors as I became familiar with Windows 3.11 and MS-DOS.
- Became familiar with basic computing concepts such as networking and hardware.
- The incredible Machine
- Prince of Persia
The Lion King
- 2 Unlimited - Real Things
2002: mIRC 🐝
- Made small games, bots, and utilities using mIRC.
- Provided support on- and offline addressing software and hardware computer issues.
- First introduction to infosec.
mIRC scripting language
Super Smash Bros. Melee
Good Will Hunting
- Dr. Dre - Chronic 2001
2003: Gaming clans 🐝
- Launched my own website sporting a guestbook.
- Created several hubs for gaming clans.
- Web hosting
- Database management
HTML, CSS, CGI, PHP
The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
- Notorious BIG - ready to die
2004: Front-end and graphic design 🐝
- Improved front-end skills with a focus on design.
- Learned about pattern creation and vector graphics.
Notepad ++, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator
- Slice PSD
- Jeffrey Way
- Chris Spooner
- Veerle Pieters
World of Warcraft
- 50 cent - get rich or die trying
- Justin Timberlake - Justified
- Lil Wayne - Da Carter III
- Kanye West - The College Dropout
2006: First client work 🐝
- Started making websites for friends and family.
- Build my first e-commerce store.
- Database management
- Client interaction
- Project management
World of Warcraft
- Busta Rhymes - The Big Bang
- Kayne West - Late Registration
2011: Became a founder 🐝
- Founded web development business.
- Learned jQuery with interactivity as my goal.
- Became familiar with CSS3 and HTML5.
HTML5, CSS3, PHP, jQuery
- Handcrafted CSS - Cederholm Marcotte
Aion, League of Legends
- Little Brother - Minstrel Show
2012: SEO 🐝
- Upon client request started to learn more about Search Engine Optimization and offer it as a service.
- Started using WordPress as my go-to CMS because of its wide adoption and customizability.
Sublime Text 2, WordPress, WampServer
- On/off-page SEO
- Matt Cutts
- Various forums
League of Legends
- Kendrick Lamar - good kid, m.A.A.d city
2015: Ruby (on Rails) 🐝
- Picked up Ruby and Ruby on Rails on the recommendation of my mentor. It enabled me to build REST APIs and minimum viable products.
- Started using Ruby for automation with Rake.
- Became familiar with Shopify, their API, and templating system Liquid.
- I started using a Linux VM for my development work.
- Integrated git into my workflow (aha-erlebnis).
VSCode, virtual machine, Linux, task runners
- REST API
- CRUD MVPs
- Ruby on Rail
Sam Ruby - Agile Web Development with Rails
- Jay-Z - The Black Album
- Run the Jewels - Run the Jewels
2018: Vue.js & Nuxt.js 🐝
- Set out to learn Vue.js to build modern user interfaces and single-page applications.
- Picked up Nuxt.js in conjunction, as a framework for universal applications.
VSCode, Docker, TailwindCSS
- JAM stack
- State management
- Single Page Applications (SPA)
- Server-side Rendered Applications (SSR)
- Nuxt.js - Vue.js on Steroids by Maximilian Schwarzmuller
- Nuxt.js documentation
- CSS tricks
Path of Exile
- J. Cole - KOD
- Pusha-T - Daytona
- Meek Mill - Championships
2019: Infosec & Bug Bounties 🐝
- Introduced to infosec and the world of bug bounty.
- Started learning everything about bug bounties.
Burp, PostCSS, Tmux, Notion, bug bounty tools
- Owasp top 10
- CSS Grid
- Jason Haddix’s talks
- Stok’s YouTube channel
- Nahamsec content
- Peter Yaworksi’s interviews
- Tom Hudson’s talks
World of Warcraft: Classic
- Danny Brown - Atrocity Exhibition
- Your Old Droog - Packs
- Benny the Butcher - The Plugs I Met
2020: Embrace the CLI 🐝
- Improved my workflow using vim, Tmux, and Linux with a tiling WM.
- Enamored of open-source intelligence decided to delve in deeper.
- Started bug bounties helped numerous companies resolve severe vulnerabilities.
- Grok *NIX, Bash, Linux, and vim.
Eleventy, vim, ObsidianMD
- Benny the Butcher - Burden of Proof
- Joey Bada$$ - 1999
- Conway the Machine - From King To A GOD